Etsy Licensing and FAQ's

Squirrel checks out SteamPunk Squirrel – complete

Steampunk Squirrel | Oil on Board | 2011 | Carollyne Yardley

Steampunk Squirrel | Oil on Board | 2011 | Carollyne Yardley

Frank Squirrel checks out the painting he modeled for last week.

Frank Squirrel checks out the painting he modeled for last week.

SteamPunk Squirrel is complete, but because of the various stages of drying times on the jacket and hat, etc. it’s a bit difficult to photograph. Will take better shot later on.

SteamPunk Squirrel has already been sold to the loveliest art collector, and I will soon be saying goodbye to this funny creature. He will also be placed in an amazing gold and white plaster frame. I will snap a photo before it goes out the door.

Also note our little buddy in photo above. So funny to see one of the squirrels check out a painting.

I can just imagine him saying, “OMG, wait until I tell Molly Squirrel. We are GODS!”

Just flashed to a scene out of Star Wars and the Ewoks. I’m going to have to spray paint a giant gold statue to give them when they ring the doorbell as an offering ala C-3PO.

8 Comments

1. What an odd (in a good way) pic! Steampunk Squirrel is going to a good home!

Comment by Christine — August 23, 2011 @ 8:07 pm

2. This is amazing! I love your work!

Comment by Lea McAndrews — September 16, 2011 @ 9:37 am

3. Thanks Lea!

Comment by carollyne — September 16, 2011 @ 11:25 am

4. I just HAVE to tell you…when I returned home from another glorious time at the Victoria Whisky Festival (big thanks to you and to Lawrence), I strode into my office to find considerable evidence that Piper and Victoria (giclee Steampunk Squirrel) had been entertaining each other in my absence! Yes, they had returned to their proper frames but Victoria’s hat was askew. Her goggles were wrapped around Piper’s ankle. The chanter from Piper’s bagpipes was stuffed into her coat pocket and she was clutching his bass drone (maybe I should not say that if this is a General Audience site). Piper had tried, hopelessly, to fit her riding crop into his chanter stock (pardon me, once again). Their faces, however, were alight with bright eyes and somewhat embarrassed smiles. Seems a good time was had by one and all that weekend!

Jane

Comment by Jane Cameron — February 9, 2012 @ 5:58 pm

5. Hi Jane, I just love your tale of Piper and Victoria! It was great seeing you as always, never enough time, let’s try and match a masterclass together next year :-0 xoxo

Comment by carollyne — February 10, 2012 @ 3:25 pm

6. Hello. I came across this great painting while researching for my inspiration painting for my next project in my interior design color class. Do you mind me using it for my inspiration? And, if you could let me know what inspired you to paint this? I love squirrels and the idea of this painting is genius! Love it! Thanks so much!

-Jacque

Comment by Jacque — February 15, 2012 @ 8:14 am

7. Hi Jacque!

Yes, you most certainly can use it for your inspiration!
    I had been reading about the fashion and genre of Steam Punk, and wanted to do something that would be almost a bit more Victorian than Sci-Fi. The result was this lovely squirrel. We have many squirrels in the yard, hence the squirrel. I hope this answers your questions! Let me know if you have any more :-)
    Carollyne xo

Comment by carollyne — February 15, 2012 @ 12:10 pm

8. Hi Carollyne!

Just wanted to let you know that I completed the project! It was the best design board of all the students in my first year class! They all loved your painting! It is going to be displayed in the front lobby of my school!

Thanks again!

This isn’t a great picture, but here it is —

Comment by Jacque — March 30, 2012 @ 12:04 pm

RSS feed for comments on this post.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.